Head of department: R.Kh. Mansurov, PhD, winner of the Federal Agency of Subsoil Use certificate, e-mail: , phone: +7 (926) 586-21-21
Deputy head of department: None
Number of employees: 4.
Including PhD: 3.
Main activities and functions
- Methodical support of FSUE TsNIGRI geological prospecting;
- Proposing new methodical recommendations on diamond, precious and base metal (DPBM) deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation and improving the existing ones;
- Monitoring of current national and foreign DPBM deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation techniques, methods and technologies;
- Identification of forecasting/prospecting criteria and indicators of standard DPBM deposits and prospective ore deposits based on thematic, experimental-methodical and forecast-revision works;
- Development of standard DPBM deposits’ forecasting/prospecting models and complexes;
- Identification and update of prospective deposits’ prospecting criteria and indicators including those relating to poorly exposed DPBM deposits;
- Improvement of geological, geophysical, geochemical and remote methods and technologies of DPBM deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation;
- Validation of DPBM prospecting technologies and methods, their introduction to prospective Siberia, Far East, Arctic zone areas and other regions of the Russian Federation, data compilation for methodical recommendations;
- Development of the best laboratory and analytical methods complex to improve prospecting performance;
- Expert studies and compilation of summarized information and analytical materials based on monitoring results of the worldwide advances and method development trends, DPBM deposit forecasting, prospecting, evaluation and exploration techniques and technologies;
- Expert studies of status and trends monitoring of DPBM deposit forecasting, prospecting, evaluation method, technique and technology development, compilation of manuals, recommendations, reference books and other methodical materials;
- Information support of structural units and prospecting methods (methodical recommendations) introduction to the institute practice and the geological industry.
- Data collection, systematization and analysis of national and foreign experience in DPBM thematic, experimental and methodical, and prospecting activities;
- Thematic, experimental/methodical, forecast/revision and evaluation activities to improve existing prospecting techniques and develop new ones;
- Analysis of current geological, geophysical, geochemical, remote methods and technologies for DPBM deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation;
- Selection of the best forecasting and prospecting methods complex to identify standard DPBM and prospective deposit criteria and indicators, formation of forecasting and prospecting complexes;
- Release of DPBM forecasting, prospecting and evaluation manuals;
- Development of technical projects, methodical and work programs, feasibility studies, forecasts and proposals on prospecting methods (methodical recommendations) introduction to the institute’s practice and geological industry according to the institute profile.
Major conferences attended by the department’s employees
- Ore-forming processes: way from genetic concepts to new ore province and deposit discovery. Russian conference (internationally attended) dedicated to Acad. N.A. Shilo 100th anniversary. Moscow. 2013.
- Geology, nonfuel mineral prospecting and comprehensive evaluation. V scientific and practical conference of young scientists and specialists. Moscow, 2013.
- Scientific and methodical basics of nonfuel mineral deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – status and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2015.
- Base metals and minerals-2016. VIII International congress and exhibition. Krasnoyarsk. 2016.
- Scientific and methodical basics of base, precious metal and diamond deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – status and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2016.
- Regional geochemical prospecting as a basis for the territorial ore-, oil- and gas content evaluation. Moscow. 2015.