Number of employees: 22.
Including PhD: 7.
Main activities and functions
- Validation of mineral and territorial prospecting priorities based on forecasting and metallogenic study result analysis as well as long- and medium-tern mineral base use and replacement forecasts.
- Iintroduction of innovative prospecting technologies (geological, geophysical, geochemical, mineralogical, technological and analytical) from their design stages.
- Optimization of operational methods and techniques on the basis of forecasting and prespecting complexes for various geological and economic deposit types and their mode of occurrence reflected in forecasting/prespecting and other models.
- Localization of prioritized prospecting sites and nonfuel inferred resource estimation.
- Prospecting efficiency and performance determination.
- Selection of tender sites and drafting Rosnedra prospecting lists.
- Drafting geological projects for tender sites.
- Approval of geological and methodical sections for designing estimates and geological projects for the federal initiative site list (hereinafter referred to as List).
- Expertise of the federal initiative implementation interim and final results.
- Approval of nonfuel mineral inferred resource estimates based on final reports.
- Participation in prospecting at specific federal initiative sites including compilation of maps, plans, sections and other materials reflecting site characteristics.
- Recommendations on prospecting highly informative and efficient methods use, prospecting geography correction.
- Control and analytical, technological works.
- Validation for new deposit inclusion in draft Rosnedra prospecting lists.
- Expert and methodical support of federally funded prospecting initiatives to replace diamond, base and precious metal mineral base.
Number of Contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 47.
Number of Public contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 16.
Major conferences attended by the department’s employees
- Scientific and methodical basics of base, precious metal and diamond deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – status and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2008-2017.
- Science/practice integration as a tool of Uzbekistan geological industry efficient development, devoted to the 25th Uzbek Republic independence anniversary.