Deputy head of department: None.
Number of employees: 16.
Including PhD: 2.
Main activities and functions
- Preparation of mineral material technological study programs as part of prospecting/evaluation to expand the Russian mineral base;
- Technological ore evaluation for processing amenability including specialized gold research, testing various processing methods (gravity, flotation, cyanidation, etc.);
- Mineral composition study and development of efficient technologies to extract metals from precious and base metal ores; deepsea Fe-Mn materials and the World ocean sulfides throughout the geological subsurface study process;
- Development of technological regulations for ore processing;
- Studies of precious metals’ heap leaching from ores and technogenic materials;
- Studies of biohydrometallurgical processing technology for refractory gold sulfide ores, concentrates and technogenic materials to extract precious and base metals;
- Testing ore amenability for bulk treatment, bulk ore treatment using photometric separation;
- Determination of gold content in ores containing coarse gold by its gravity preconcentration;
- Development of methodical documents in the field of technological mineral research.
- Participation in short- and long-term federal programs, Geological study and evaluation of subsurface mineral resources within the Russian Federation and its continental shelf;
- Making methodical documents concerning technological mineral research available to the Federal Agency of Subsurface Use, its territorial authorities and the Russian geological organizations;
- Consulting geological organizations and subsurface users in geological prospecting and metal recovery from ores.
Number of Contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 121.
Number of Public contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 20.
Major conferences attended by the department’s employees
- The Russian geologists congress. Moscow. 2008, 2012.
- Mineralogical and geochemical methods of the World ocean Fe-Mn ore study. Moscow. 2007.
- International Mineral Processing Congress. China (2008), Australia (2010), India (2012).
- Current problems of complex mineral processing (Plaksin readings 2008). Vladivostok. 2008.
- Biotechnology: status and development prospects. Moscow international congress. 2009-2013.
- Innovative processes in complex, environmentally sound mineral processing (Plaksin readings 2009). Novosibirsk. 2009.
- Scientific basics and innovative processes of complex refractory ore processing (Plaksin readings 2010). Kazan. 2010.
- Balkan Mineral Processing Congress. Bosnia and Herzogovina (2011), Bulgaria (2013).
- Processors congress of the CIS countries. Moscow. 2009, 2011, 2013.
- New technologies of complex natural refractory and technogenic material processing (Plaksin readings 2011). Verkhnyaya Pyshma. 2011.
- Innovative methods of technological mineralogy in complex mineral processing processes (Plaksin readings 2012). Petrozavodsk. 2012.
- Innovative methods of complex mineral processing (Plaksin readings 2013). Tomsk. 2013.
- Gold and technologies. International conference. Moscow. 2012, 2013, 2015.
- Scientific and methodical basics of base, precious metal and diamond deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – status and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2016.