Deputy head of department: T.V. Seravina, PhD.
Number of employees: 18.
Including PhD: 9.
Main activities and functions
- Base metal prospecting within the Russian Federation as part of public contracts and contracts with mining companies and geological organizations.
- Federally funded monitoring and methodical support of base metal prospecting within the Russian Federation.
- Preparation of materials to form the basis for base metals’ mineral base sustainable development programs at the federal, regional and territorial levels.
- Review of proposals from territorial authorities, geological enterprises and mining companies, setting the priorities and sequence of base metal prospecting at various stages within the Russian Federation.
- Compilation of specialized sets of geological-metallogenic and prognostic maps for base metals (1:200,000 - 1:50,000 scale) of ore districts and clusters; prognostic and specialized geological maps (1:25,000 - 1:2,000 scale) of orefields, deposits and prospects.
- Expertise and approval of base metal reserves and inferred resources by different-scale metallogenic taxons and the Russian Federation subjects.
- Creation and monitoring of specialized data banks on base metal metallogeny.
- Consulting geological organizations and mining companies on the department activities.
- Studies with a view to form geological, metallogenic and scientific/methodical basics of base metal mineral resource identification based on quantitative models of ore-forming processes, systems and deposits.
- Prospecting and research of base metal deposit geology, forecast, prospecting and evaluation.
- Estimation and status analysis of base metal inferred resources within the Russian Federation, its subjects and regions.
- Scientific and methodical support of prospecting ensuring implementation of federal, regional and operational target-oriented programs aimed at efficient and accelerated base metal subsurface stock replacement.
- Comprehensive study of different-scale metallogenic taxons: ore provinces – zones, districts, clusters, fields, base metal deposits.
- Innovative technology and instrumentation introduction to base metal prospecting and evaluation.
- Analysis and summary of geological subsurface study and base metal prospecting results.
- Pre-publication preparation of maps, atlases and other geological products including their digital version matching the department profile.
Number of Contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 8.
Number of Public contracts and subcontracts for 2008-2018 – 2.
Major conferences attended by the department’s employees
- International geological congress. Florence (2004), Oslo (2008), Brisbane (2012).
- Mineral diversity: research and conservation. International symposium. Sofia. 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2017.
- Metalliferous and nonmetalliferous deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – advances and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2008.
- Gold in the Earth’s history. International scientific and applied conference. Varna. 2009.
- Roundtables. Subsurface (International exhibition). Moscow, annually.
- Great Altai – a unique rare metal-gold-polymetallic province of the Central Asia. International conference. Ust-Kamenogorsk. 2010.
- International scientific and practical conference for geology, mineral prospecting and exploration. Moscow. 2011.
- I European mineralogical conference – EMC-2012. Germany. 2012.
- Siberian geology, geophysics and minerals. I scientific and practical conference. Novosibirsk. 2014.
- Scientific basics and innovative technologies of nonfuel mineral deposit forecast, prospecting and evaluation. Scientific and practical conference as part of Nedra-2014 business program. Moscow. 2014.
- Planning principles and proposals on geological prospecting for the Russian nonfuel mineral base replacement over 2015-2020. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2014.
- Current problems of geology, metallurgical mineral material processing and use. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2014.
- Scientific and methodical basics of base and precious metal deposit forecasting, prospecting and evaluation – status and prospects. Scientific and practical conference. Moscow. 2015, 2016, 2017.
- V International conference of young scientists and specialists in commemoration of Acad. A.P. Karpinsky. Saint Petersburg. 2017.
- Base metals and minerals. IX International congress. Krasnoyarsk. 2017.
- Kazakhstan’s minerageny. International scientific and practical conference. Almaty.