PROSPECTING FOR GOLD-SILVER-POLYMETALLIC MINERALIZATION WITHIN THE ZMEINOGORSKY-BEREZOVOGORSKY AREA IN THE ZMEINOGORSK ORE DISTRICT (ALTAI TERRITORY)
Work schedule: Q1 2013 – Q4 2015
The Zmeinogorsky-Berezovogorsky area is located in the northwestern eponymous ore district. The area hosts Emsian – Early Givetian (Emsian – Early Givetian mineralization level) rhyolite limestone-siliceous-terrigenous ore-bearing unit localizing Au-Ag-Pb-Zn deposits.:
- Petrovskoye potential deposit hosting complex gold-silver-polymetallic ores was discovered as a result of prospecting within Rudny Altai;
- Three ore zones were identified in Emsian-Eifelian-Early Givetian volcanosedimentary rock deposits. Ore zones are bedded or lenticular. The zones’ total strike length is up to 1,500 m, their vertical extent is up to 700 m, and they are 1-27 m thick. The zones are accompanied by sericite-quartz and quartz-sericite metasomatites. Mineralization includes sphalerite-galena (pyrite-galena) dissemination, pockets and veinlets.
- Localized lead, zinc, silver and gold inferred and potential resources are much higher than those expected in the technical project.
LOCALIZED GOLD-SILVER-POLYMETALLIC ORE RESOURCES
- inferred: Pb – 301,500 t; Zn – 774,300 t; Cu – 106,700 t; Ag – 285.1 t; Au – 1.6 t;
- potential: Pb – 515,000 t; Zn – 2,276,000 t; Cu – 228,000 t; Ag – 856.0 t; Au – 20.0 t.